[xquery-talk] XQuery Platform Support

James Governor jgovernor at redmonk.com
Thu Oct 16 09:48:15 PDT 2003

I am not sure from your question exactly what scenario you're talking
to.

However it is worth noting that IBM this week acquired a mainframe data
integration firm called CrossAccess, which was pitched as filling out
its DB2 Information Integrator (II) strategy

http://www.ibm.com/news/us/2003/10/142.html

DB2 II is where IBM plans to instantiate xQuery, and as such it looks as
if IBM is potentially moving in a helpful direction. Assuming xquery is
mapped to mainframe data sources accessed natively using CrossAccess
connector technology.

Until IBM delivers a native XML store for DB2 however, some of the
xQuery productization is on hold.

IBM was partnering with Nimble Technologies for xQuery support, but
Actuate acquired Nimble, so I am not sure of the status of that deal.

Hope that helps a little but I am not sure we understood your problem.

As SoftwareAG points out, Tamino already offers xQuery support on the
mainframe.

Are you running 390 or ZOS, or VM/VSE or whatever? Which IBM mainframe
OS?