[xquery-talk] XQuery Platform Support

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Thu Oct 16 21:28:09 PDT 2003

Surely, if this is a real application, you should be writing it in XSLT?

Never mind the merits of the languages, surely a technology that has
been stable for nearly four years is more appropriate to your needs than
one that is still in beta?

http://www.ibm.com/news/us/2003/10/142.html

DB2 II is where IBM plans to instantiate xQuery, and as such it looks as
if IBM is potentially moving in a helpful direction. Assuming xquery is
mapped to mainframe data sources accessed natively using CrossAccess
connector technology.

Until IBM delivers a native XML store for DB2 however, some of the
xQuery productization is on hold.

IBM was partnering with Nimble Technologies for xQuery support, but
Actuate acquired Nimble, so I am not sure of the status of that deal.

Hope that helps a little but I am not sure we understood your problem.

As SoftwareAG points out, Tamino already offers xQuery support on the
mainframe.

Are you running 390 or ZOS, or VM/VSE or whatever? Which IBM mainframe
OS?