[xquery-talk] XQuery Wiki

Jason Hunter jhunter at xquery.com
Mon Oct 20 16:45:44 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

A second announcement today (we've been busy).

We've set up an XQuery Wiki on xquery.com.  For those who aren't
familiar, a Wiki is a set of web pages that are collaboratively edited
by visitors to the site.  Only because the visitors can easily edit the
pages, they're not just "visitors" anymore and the site begins to
contain a collective set of knowledge.  The Wiki pages are easily edited
online from the comfort of your own browser.  You don't need to know
HTML or use an editor, just click the "Edit" link and modify the
contents online.  There are simple little conventions used instead like
"lines starting with an asterisk are bullets" and "words with
TwoCapitals are Wiki words".  Every WikiWord has its own page and is
automatically linked to from any other page when mentioning the WikiWord.

We're hoping you all contribute your unique XQuery experiences to the
Wiki.  We've sketched out a few pages into the Wiki and have recruited
some friends like Darin McBeath to start us off with a Best Practices
section.  But history shows Wikis work best without too much initial
structure, so we've left it intentionally raw around the edges.  We're
hoping you can help soften it up.

http://xquery.com/wiki/

Don't be afraid to make changes.  Everything's in RCS so if you goof, we
can easily go back in time.  You do have to register, but that's just so
RCS can say who did what.

Ideas:
* Brain teasers
* Vendor listings and comments