[xquery-talk] Xquery engine to use w/ J2EE servers.

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Mon Oct 20 23:39:07 PDT 2003

Uday Subbarayan wrote:

>      Can you pl suggest an XQuery engine(opensource /closed source,
> prefer opensource) to use in Tomcat/J2EE server environments? I am just
> starting to learn XQuery and would like to write my first helloworld
> with XQuery for the server-side & JSP/Servlet model for the front end...

This article provides a simple "how-to" for writing, installing,
and running a "hello world"-type XQuery "form-based application"
using Qexo under Tomcat:
http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/simple-xquery-webapp.html

The XQuery module is compiled on-the-fly to s servlet, not interpreted.
--
	--Per Bothner