[xquery-talk] Xquery engine to use w/ J2EE servers.

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Tue Oct 21 10:14:35 PDT 2003

> Hi XQuery'ers,
>       Can you pl suggest an XQuery engine(opensource /closed source,
> prefer opensource) to use in Tomcat/J2EE server environments?
> I am just
> starting to learn XQuery and would like to write my first helloworld
> with XQuery for the server-side & JSP/Servlet model for the
> front end...

Well, Saxon is certainly one you should try. It's 100% Java so there
should be no installation hassles. The only problem with this kind of
environment is that unlike XSLT, there is no standard XQuery API yet, so
if you want to try out different processors you will have to write a
custom driver for each one.

http://saxon.sf.net/