[xquery-talk] XQuery Platform Support

kent tegels ktegels at msn.com
Tue Oct 21 11:02:13 PDT 2003

1.) At a 30,000 foot-view, that's probably going to be a fair amount of code
to be written there. Not aware of any off-the-self offerings that would do
that. I sure the heck wouldn't want to write COBOL to generate XML, I'm
assuming that you've got something else. If not, I might be able to point
you at an BAL programmer or two that's looking for work (sad little grin)

2.) Depends on the COBOL implementation, Operating System and so on.

I'm wondering if the complexity imparted by the elegance of this solution
exceeds its over overhead, though.

kt