[xquery-talk] BumbleBee XQuery Test Harness

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Tue Oct 21 14:07:55 PDT 2003

Per http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#decimal

"All ·minimally conforming· processors ·must· support decimal numbers
with a minimum of 18 decimal digits (i.e., with a ·totalDigits· of 18).
However, ·minimally conforming· processors ·may· set an
application-defined limit on the maximum number of decimal digits they
are prepared to support, in which case that application-defined maximum
number ·must· be clearly documented."

Many of the NIST tests have decimal, integer, long, int,
nonPostitiveInteger, etc values exceeding this limit, so minimally
conforming processors can legally error out.  Is that what you meant?

-jh-