[xquery-talk] questions about security and dynamically constructedqueries

Dhruba Borthakur dhruba_borthakur at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:53:43 PDT 2003

Hi Michael and Per,

Thanks for your explanations. I was touching on two issues and your answers
address
them both.

The first question was whether most XQuery implementations support creating
an query dynamically and then executing it. From what I gather, this feature
is
in fact, supported by a few implementations.

The second question was whether a XQuery code can detect if a library has
been imported and if so, then invoke a function in the library. If the
library is
non-existent, then ignore the error. I gathered that no existing
implementations
have support for this yet.

thanks,
dhruba