[xquery-talk] questions about security and dynamically constructedqueries

Paul Cotton pcotton at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 22 15:29:29 PDT 2003

>Is that considered "direct SQL"?

No this use in JDBC is "dynamic SQL".  In fact the JDBC
PreparedStatement interface supports the setting of input parameter
values for those locations in the dynamic SQL statement that were coded
as "?".  If there are no parameters then you can use the Statement
interface but this is still "dynamic SQL".

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:pcotton at microsoft.com