[xquery-talk] General comparisons of speed of xquery vs. xslt

Ken North kennorth at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 26 13:25:21 PDT 2004

> I'm mostly concerned with the domain of enterprise application
> integration, and not really the domain of ordinary web content.

EAI can encompass a broad range of activities -- from using a small set of tags
for communication between 2-3 applications to using a rich set of tags and
integrating data from multiple sources to feed a portal. The former may not
require transformations for publishing content.

> we tend to find numerous small translations, as opposed to large templates.

There are some new links to XQuery research at the page below. One of the
authors noted that optimization of queries against small documents was really
overkill.

http://www.webservicessummit.com/query.htm