[xquery-talk] Regarding XML tags to be returned by an Xquery

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Fri Dec 3 08:54:52 PST 2004

> If I want to return the name of a node, say using fn:name($node) as an
> XML tag, how can I do it? If I try to concat "<' and ">" to it, it
> replaces those with &lt and &gt.

This depends on how you are serializing the output, which depends on the
processor you are using. If you are trying to write XML, then you should not
attempt to construct tags as if they were text, you should create element
nodes using an element constructor, and leave the processor to serialize
them.