[xquery-talk] XQuery treatment of xs:positiveInteger?

Till Westmann till.westmann at bea.com
Tue Jul 20 10:40:14 PDT 2004

> How can '2' not be interpreted as xs:positiveInteger?  (Adding a "+"
> before the arguments doesn't make a difference.)
>
> Am I missing something totally obvious about use of derived data types,
> or is this a parser bug?

The problem is not that '2' cannot be interpreted as xs:positiveInteger
but that numeric literals that do not contain a '.', 'e', or 'E' are
given
the type xs:integer.
So the constants '2' and '3' are of type xs:integer and that's a
supertype of xs:positiveInteger and as such cannot be substituted.

Till