[xquery-talk] new adapters

Stephen Buxton stephen.buxton at oracle.com
Sun Nov 28 11:56:07 PST 2004

Mauro,

  Might I suggest that you also consider Oracle as an XML native database?
  Oracle stores XML in a native XML type (XMLType), performs XSLT
natively, supports native XML querying using extensions to SQL, and will
soon support native XQuery execution. It seems unfair to rule out the
Oracle database just because it does a lot of other things as well --
native full-text query over XML and formatted documents, ACID
transaction processing, fine-grained security, etc. etc.

- Steve B.