[xquery-talk] XQuery API for Java (JSR 225) implementations

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Thu Sep 9 16:19:33 PDT 2004

Are there any XQuery processors that support any parts of the XQuery API for
Java (JSR 225)?
In particular, I'm interested in hearing whether this will be added to Saxon
soon.

I'm waiting for more evidence that the API is stable. I've submitted many
comments on the drafts, most of them suggesting that the API could be much
better aligned with JAXP, including the new schema APIs in JAXP 1.3. There
are some poor design features in the proposed API, for example using the
same object to represent a result sequence and a current position in that
result sequence, and I very much hope that these will be corrected before
the thing freezes.

My next priority (once 8.1 is out!) will be implementing JAXP 1.3.