[xquery-talk] How to optimize XQuery?

Jason Hunter jhunter at xquery.com
Tue Sep 21 15:12:40 PDT 2004

Mark Logic has a Java access API named XDBC, downloadable at
http://xqzone.marklogic.com/download/.  As with most high-performant
databases, you don't embed Mark Logic within your application, you
connect via TCP/IP to the server process.

There's also a higher level access API built on XDBC that I open
sourced.  I named it "JQEE".  :)  It's available on the same page.  For
80% of your query tasks it's all you need.

To connect to Mark Logic via a JSP page there's a JSP Taglibs library
too: http://xqzone.marklogic.com/howto/tutorials/2004-07-jsptags.xqy.
Makes it easy to write an XQuery-backed J2EE application.

-jh-