[xquery-talk] distance between elements and hierarchical order

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu Dec 8 20:14:52 PST 2005

Dear all,

in order to solve a problem I'm dealing with, I need be able to perform
the following measurements at the XQuery level:

1. measure the hierarchical order of an element (the level at which the
element appears in a tree representing the document)

2. measure the distance between two elements (the number of steps
required to navigate from one element to the other)

do you have any experience or suggestions on how to solve this? At the
moment, I'm not particularly concerned about efficiency.

Thanks, Sergio