[xquery-talk] distance between elements and hierarchical order

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 20:45:37 PST 2005

  In my last email, I was introducing a different problem, which solution
  is inspired by the previous posts. I understand that it was not so
  clear. I try to better describe it: given two path expressions in the
  form of ("/" QName)+, what would be the distance between two distinct
  elements identified by them if their respective ancestors considered in
  pairs when equal for their QName and level position are also equal in
  their identities?

sorry, I don't understand this at all, but if you have something working
then it doesn't really matter if I understand the problem.

David