[xquery-talk] Regular Expression search

Martin Probst martin at x-hive.com
Thu Dec 15 09:46:55 PST 2005

Hi,

be careful with expressions like //*[matches(. "...")]. Because regular
expressions can be _very_ complex it's impossible to speed this query up
by an index, so you'll be matching the RegExp over each node in the
document - not good. Better take "contains()" or "starts-with()" for
simple queries.

Martin