[xquery-talk] escape-uri() not escaping special characters

Lars Burgess lars.burgess at glu.com
Wed Jul 6 12:25:08 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the fn:escape-uri() function to work
properly for a particular uri. I have the following code in a xquery
that parses news information:

for $g in
fn:doc(concat(fn:escape-uri("http://feeds.foxsports.com/feedout/content?
partnerKey=RijXtgaXlG0&showData=1&noHtml=1&rankTypeCode=35&number=50&ran
kCategoryId=", true()), $category))//content

When I run the XQuery, it gives the following error message:

Error on line 6 column 40 of file:/h:/fsmpro/mlb_news.xquery:

  XPST0003: XQuery syntax error in #...35&number=50&rankCategoryId=",#:

    No closing ';' found for entity or character reference

It appears that the special characters in the URI are not being escaped
at all. Is there some other step to getting this to work? Or is there a
problem with the code? I am using saxon engine v8.4.

Thanks,

Lars