[xquery-talk] Re: Attribute node whose parent is a document node

Pierrick Brihaye pierrick.brihaye at free.fr
Thu Jul 7 22:59:51 PDT 2005

Hi,

Wolfgang Hoschek a écrit :

> This is most likely because the W3C draft XQuery serialization spec
> disallows top-level attributes (and namespace nodes) on  serialization.
> (This can be avoided with the Saxon -wrap option).

Am I in at the  top level ? Iwanted to write :

let $a :=
<county name="Devon">
     <district name="East Devon">
         <town name="Axminster" pct="East Devon">
             <town name="Abbey Gate"/>
          </town>
         <town name="Aylesbeare" pct="East Devon"/>
     </district>
</county>

rather than :

let $a :=
<root>
<county name="Devon">
     <district name="East Devon">
         <town name="Axminster" pct="East Devon">
             <town name="Abbey Gate"/>
          </town>
         <town name="Aylesbeare" pct="East Devon"/>
     </district>
</county>
</root>

... which included a "pseudo-root" element.

Can't figure out what happens on this one :-)

Cheers,

p.b.