[xquery-talk] OT - XPath 2 book recommendation

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Wed Jun 8 00:49:45 PDT 2005

> Can anyone comment on the number of changes in the latest
> working draft that are
> not covered in this book or the likelihood of additional
> changes before XPath 2
> becomes a recommendation?

I actually took a quick look through myself a week or two ago. There are a
few small features that have been added to the language since the book was
published, but the changes are surprisingly small, given the amount of time
that the WGs have spent on it. We seem to spend most of our time nowadays
arguing about things like leap seconds that will only affect 0.0001% of
users and that the book therefore doesn't mention.