[xquery-talk] xsi:type typing support

Howard Katz howardk at fatdog.com
Fri Mar 11 17:12:49 PST 2005

I'd like to be able to provide some very simple typing support with my query
engine. I don't however want to tackle the whole PSVI thing (not having that
many productive years ahead of me), but would be quite happy if I could do a
"schema lite" version of my engine that just supported xsi:type. Is that
doable without going the whole schema validation route? I keep thinking that
what I need to know is right there in the spec, but every time I start
digging into it, my eyes start rolling upward in my head and vertigo quickly
ensues. Any pointers? Help my autumn years be productive ones, please! :-)

Howard