[xquery-talk] xsi:type typing support

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Sat Mar 12 14:49:04 PST 2005

I think it's quite hard to find a subset that's meaningful. The only
approach I can think of that might be workable is to restrict yourself to
simple types only.

But I can't imagine why users would want to add xsi:type="decimal" to every
<price> element in their source document, when it would be much easier to
cast the value of the element to a decimal in their queries.