[xquery-talk] Xquery and Xslt Puzzle (newbie)

Philippe Michiels philippe.michiels at ua.ac.be
Fri May 20 09:51:54 PDT 2005

Your problem would be fixed if you would let the web server handle the XSLT
transformation instead of the client's browser. You can do this with
mod_xslt, for instance in apache.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-xslt/

Or with plain CGI:
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/12/12/cgi-xml.html

Ph

On Friday 20 May 2005 04:02, david at lisle.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I am seeking an opinion on what it is that I may be doing wrong in
> displaying the contents of an xml file on my website using either xslt or
> xquery.
>

>    When I use the xsl template I get exactly the results I desire. However,
> when I select the "View Source" option in my browser I see the raw xml
> file. And of course so would anyone else, this is highly undesireable as
> some of the xml files content is not intended to be seen by anyone as there
> is a privacy issue. The content is in place for identification purposes and
> should I remove it I lose a lot of control.
>
>    I thought that perhaps xquery could help because I noticed it only
> output html, at least in the Stylus program I used to develop the
> code/query. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to use the xquery on
> the website. Any hint to steer me in the right direction would be great. I
> am missing something.
>
> Thanks all
>
> David

Philippe Michiels
Universiteit Antwerpen
ADReM (Advanced Database Research and Modelling)
http://www.adrem.ua.ac.be/~michiels