[xquery-talk] Xquery and Xslt Puzzle (newbie)

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Fri May 20 15:05:50 PDT 2005

Any technology that runs client-side (within the browser) relies on shipping
the XML to the client machine, and one you've done that you have lost
control over it.

The only difference between XSLT and XQuery in this regard is that XSLT is
available in the browser (well, some browsers...) and XQuery isn't.

If your XML contains confidential data, you need to transform it on the
server, which you can do using either technology.