[xquery-talk] VarRef

Ronald Bourret rpbourret at rpbourret.com
Mon May 30 22:17:35 PDT 2005

In my case, the confusion comes from my first commercial programming job
-- using BASIC on the PDP-11. For variable names, you were allowed a
single letter, followed by an optional digit, followed by nothing
(floating point), $ (string), or % (integer). No spaces were allowed
between the variable name and the type identifier. Some things just stick...

-- Ron