[xquery-talk] XML Query Test Suite version 0.8.0

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Tue Nov 8 09:34:58 PST 2005

An interim progress report: my first attempt to run Saxon 8.6 against XQTS
0.8.0 shows 8540 passes and 70 fails (after fixing an XSLT bug that caused
my test driver to crash).

I'm proposing to publish and submit my results once I've analyzed the causes
of the failures - as in the past, I expect many of these will turn out to be
correct results that differ for some reason from the published expected
results.

My definition of a "pass" is still rather more liberal than that in the test
suite documentation, for example I report a pass if the results are equal
after removing insignificant whitespace. I'm analyzing such discrepancies to
find their cause, however.

  _____