[xquery-talk] XQuery Style Conventions

Frank Cohen fcohen at rainingdata.com
Mon Oct 24 08:34:21 PDT 2005

Darin's already seen then and I thought the rest of the group my
benefit too. -Frank

--

1) This is excellent work. It's great to see you codifying good
practices in the XQuery world.

2) Section 2.1 seems to need some more definition of how to represent
the supported specification. For example, how would I say that a
module needs the April 2005 Final Candidate specification?

3) Also Section 2.1, I love the entry "Proprietary XQuery Extensions
Used:" That makes so much sense!

4) 3 on Indentation. I would prefer to see that indentation is 1)
required and 2) always of an equal number of spaces (or tabs) rather
than saying it is "a unit of 4 spacees." Let those silly people using
10 spaces to indent have their donut and eat it too.

5) Section 4.2, why not just incorporate the xqDoc documenting into
this document? It seems like a natural to me.

6) Perhaps there should be an Appendix C noting poorly styled XQuery?