[xquery-talk] XQuery Visualization (GUI) for beginners

kla gw klarinda.gw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 10:54:44 PDT 2006

Hi,

Sorrry I posted this again.

I want to make a GUI which can be used to query XML data without
writing any XQuery code, but by 'drawing' on the GUI. The program
would translate the drawing to XQuery then using the XQuery code
generated to query the database.

It is something like this:
User -> GUI (automatically translate to XQuery) -> query XML data

My target users would be those who do not really understand about XML or XQuery.

I know only by using GUI, the XQuery that can be supported is limited.
So I also would like to investigate what kind of queries can be
supported and queries that can't be supported. That's why I want to
compare between different XQuery visualization tool / design (such as
Stylus, Altova MapForce, XQBE).

I'm new to XML / XQuery so I really appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Klarinda