[xquery-talk] [ann] XQuery-based Compliance Management Solution

Frank Cohen fcohen at rainingdata.com
Wed Aug 2 10:04:10 PDT 2006

FYI: We shipped a new solution for ePedigree Compliance build on
TigerLogic's XQuery and native XML database capabilities. -Frank

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060801/latu150.html?.v=1

Press Release
Source: Raining Data Corporation
Southwood Pharmaceuticals Implements Raining Data ePedigree
Compliance Solution to Enable Secure, Visible Drug Supply Chain
Tuesday August 1, 5:50 pm ET

Pharmaceutical Company to Improve Supply Chain Management, Perform
Drug Authentication and Decrease Costs with Raining Data's XML-
Centric ePharma Software

IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Raining Data
announced today that Southwood Pharmaceuticals Inc. has successfully
implemented Raining Data's ePedigree Compliance Solution to enable
regulatory compliance and to improve supply chain visibility and
security.
By enabling all of the workflows and master data management for
Pedigree Compliance, Raining Data's XML-Centric ePharma Software
allows Southwood Pharmaceuticals to be compliant with Florida,
California and Federal Pedigree requirements while optimizing their
business operations.

"Raining Data's XML-Centric platform enables our business to be agile
and flexible in an environment of rapidly changing regulatory
compliance requirements. Their ePharma Software was compatible with
our existing processes and facilitated our business requirements for
information management," said Cliff Scott, IT Development Director
for Southwood Pharmaceuticals.

Southwood Pharmaceuticals leverages the solution to manage pedigree
supply chain orders, maintain a segregated inventory of pedigree
products, receive-authenticate-create-sign-ship pedigrees and provide
a complete chain of custody audit trail for drugs in their
distribution network. Southwood Pharmaceuticals also uses the
solution in their warehouse to receive and authenticate drugs
shipments. As a result, the company can realize savings by
integrating the ePharma functions into their existing operations to
ensure availability of pedigree drugs and increase security to deter
illegally imported and counterfeit drugs from entering their
distribution network.

"Southwood is excited to be a pioneer in improving the safety,
security and visibility of the pharmaceutical supply chain by
implementing Raining Data's ePedigree Compliance Solution. We have
leveraged the power of Raining Data's XML platform combined with our
own proprietary warehouse management system to rapidly enable
compliance with the lowest Total Cost of Ownership," said Bob
Goodrich, Director of Regulatory Affairs at Southwood
Pharmaceuticals. "We look forward to continuing our relationship with
Raining Data and utilizing this investment to optimize other areas of
our business."

Raining Data's ePedigree Compliance Business Application leverages
Raining Data's TigerLogic XML-Centric Software Platform, which
integrates their leading XML Data Management Server (XDMS), XML
Workflow Management Server (XWMS), and Composite Data Services which
enable a wide range of solutions including Master Data Management,
Customer Data Integration, Asset Tracking, RFID Data Management, and
Case Management. In order to decrease cost, risk and complexity,
Pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers & repackagers like
Southwood Pharmaceuticals are implementing Raining Data's integrated
and flexible XML-Centric platform instead of brittle solutions built
on rigid, non-XML foundations.

"Our flexible solution enables Southwood to seamlessly collaborate
with their broad base of trading partners who have a varying degree
of technical sophistication ranging from paper to electronic
pedigrees transmitted via fax, email, ftp, AS2 and web services and
handle non-serialized and RFID-enabled pedigrees," said Varun Gupta,
ePedigree Compliance Product Manager at Raining Data.

About Raining Data

Raining Data Corporation (Nasdaq: RDTA - News) has been providing
reliable data management solutions for more than three decades.
Product offerings include the high performance TigerLogic® XML Data
Management Server, Pick® Universal Data Model based data management
systems and .Net integration solutions. These products provide
operational data storage, master data management, mid-tier caching
and message storage solutions for technology platforms such as Web
Services and Service Oriented Architectures. In addition, Raining
Data provides targeted XML-centric applications such as RFID/Bar code
asset management, ePedigree and compliance case management. Raining
Data's customers represent more than 500,000 active users across
20,000 customer sites worldwide in a diverse set of vertical
applications. More information about Raining Data Corporation and its
products can be found at www.rainingdata.com.

About Southwood Pharmaceuticals

For over 20 years, Southwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has been providing
customized pre-packaged medications for in-office dispensing to
physicians, group practices, and specialty clinics. As the needs of
our customers have grown, so have the products and services we offer
to enhance their practices. Dispensing and compliance software
solutions have become an integral component of these services.

For more information, visit www.southwoodhealthcare.com.

Since 1989, Southwood Pharmaceuticals has outgrown 3 facilities and
currently occupies a 42,000 sq ft campus in Lake Forest, CA that
distributes nationwide.