[xquery-talk] Question about default context node

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Sun Aug 6 21:59:15 PDT 2006

An initial context item is part of the dynamic context of a query as defined
in the standard. On the other hand, a product/API isn't actually required to
provide a means to set it.

In XQJ the class XQExpression (rather unexpectedly) extends
XQDynamicContext, which has a method bindContextItem(). So you can
definitely establish a context item before executing the query.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com