[xquery-talk] X Query NameSpace related Query

Taranmeet Kindra taranmeet.kindra at india.birlasoft.com
Thu Aug 24 20:34:37 PDT 2006

Hi

I am able to retrieve desired results when I don't specify the namespace
in the root tag of xml.

I use  "declare namespace xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema';"+ Query

This approach works with no namespace specified.

Now my root tag in xml is

<ContractHeader xmlns="http://www.kroger.com/JDE"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.kroger.com/JDE
D:\kroger\xmlbeans-2.1.0\k_xsd\JDE_Interface.xsd">

My root tag in XSD is:

<xs:schema targetNamespace="http://www.kroger.com/JDE"
xmlns:JDE="http://www.kroger.com/JDE" elementFormDefault="qualified"
attributeFormDefault="unqualified">

It tried:
"declare namespace JDE='http://www.kroger.com/JDE';" + Query

But it did not work, I also tried in Google to find out how to use
namespaces in XQuery but didn't find much,

Thanks
Taran

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,any disclosure,copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."