[xquery-talk] Order of results in XQuery expressions

Enric Jaen enricjaen at yahoo.es
Tue Dec 5 03:01:27 PST 2006

I am testing with Berkeley DBXML. I have to say that
in general the results follow a document order, but I
have noticed with some mixed-content documents a
non-deterministic order. But I have not been able to
determine a pattern when this occurs. Maybe is simply
an implementation bug.

For example, if I have a mixed document:
<foo>
 1 <1> 1 </1> 1
 2 <2> 2 </1> 2
 3 <3> 3 </3> 3
 4 <4> 4 </4> 4
</foo>

and I do  " foo/* " then I get this unexpected order:

<2>2</2>
<3>3</3>
<1>1</1>
<4>4</4>

even when I put ordered{ }

But thanks, at least now I know that I should expect
a document order.

I have tried also with Saxon and I think it orders
well.

/Enric