[xquery-talk] XQuery error codes and rewriting

Daniela Florescu dflorescu at mac.com
Thu Feb 2 14:16:57 PST 2006

>  it would be nice if either those controls were standard

This would imply that the optimizations we do are standard,
and of course that's not a viable solution.

> The ability to selectively or globally disable these optimizations may
> also be helpful (especially in distinguishing bugs vs. features)

I am sure that implementations will allow users to control
the compromise between correctness and performance,
and eventually give compilation and/or execution feedback.

Just put some pressure on your favorite vendor....:-)

Best regards,
Dana