[xquery-talk] performance figures for xquery processors

Martin Probst martin at x-hive.com
Wed Feb 8 11:26:38 PST 2006

Hi,

> What else do y'all think should be addressed by standard benchmarks?

most of our users query for combinations of structural searches (at
least that's my impression, we still didn't implement the big brother
component ;-)). So something common would be look for a document that
has metadata fields X, Y and Z set to values 'A', 'B', and 'C' and
fulfils the path /d/e//f[@g = "h"], plus some full text search criteria.
Also very common are joins between documents based on IDs or similar,
e.g. let $ids := $adoc//link/@id return $bdoc//*[@id = $ids].

Not completely surprising we handle this pretty well, I think ;-)

Martin