[xquery-talk] <ANNOUNCE>Building XML Workflow Applications

Daniela Florescu dflorescu at mac.com
Fri Feb 24 15:05:53 PST 2006

Great write-up Michael ! You are perfectly right.

But unfortunately XQuery as it is now is not powerful
enough for building realistic applications.

I think it misses at least three major extensions:
- ontology support
- a full programming language extension
(i.e. side-effects, variable assignment, error handling)
- continuous and asynchronous querying.

and many, many other small additions to improve
the usability, of course.

I have a question: what do people on this mailing list
think that is missing most in XQuery ?

Best regards,
Dana