[xquery-talk] XQuery Feature: Grouping

Martin Probst martin at x-hive.com
Mon Feb 27 18:31:44 PST 2006

> So for your needs, it would be adequate if grouping were based on leaf
> nodes, using the typed value as the basis for comparison?

That would be a start. However one could also imagine using something
like deep-equals. Once we've got a syntax for it, that wouldn't be so
much more difficult, would it? Think of all the author first and last
names ...

I'm more interested in the syntax as it's currently nothing you couldn't
implement by hand with some functions. It might even be fast for the
simple case, but I think the main problem is accessibility for the user.

Do you remember who presented a syntax for grouping at XIME-P in Boston?
It looked good to me.

Martin