[xquery-talk] [ANN] Saxon 8.7 is available on Java and .NET

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Tue Feb 28 18:13:40 PST 2006

> I'm curious about how fn:trace() can be used [on .NET]

fn:trace should work fine: by default it will send its output to the
standard error stream.

> and possibly implementing a tracelistener.

Things like the TraceListener interface (which I haven't yet incorporated
into the .NET API) may require a bit of hacking to get working initially. In
general, the user-written plug-ins like this are loaded using Java dynamic
TraceListener in Java for the time being. IKVMC seems to be quite good at
dynamic loading of Java code, however.

Expect this to get better in future releases.

The best tip I can give for debugging is to use the schema-aware version. I
would say that, of course: but it does make a big difference.