[xquery-talk] restricting search to different nodes

Wolfgang Hoschek wolfgang.hoschek at mac.com
Wed Jan 4 12:14:53 PST 2006

If the functionality you need is simple you may perhaps get away with
using standard regular expressions instead of a real fulltext search.
Fulltext search functionality typically varies across XQuery impls,
and a standardization attempt is in its infancy.

For example, with Nux you'd find or generate a string containing the
text to be searched. Then apply the non-standard lucene:match(...)
function as described in
http://dsd.lbl.gov/nux/index.html#Google-like%20realtime%20fulltext%
20search%20via%20Apache%20Lucene%20engine

Wolfgang.