[xquery-talk] default base-uri?

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Sun Jan 8 14:10:10 PST 2006

I would expect that if the query is read from a resource that has a known
URI, then that URI will be taken as the base URI. If it isn't (for example,
if it is simply a string in a Java program) then the initial base URI will
be undefined, and that any attempt to access it will be an error. However,
an alternative approach would be to use the "current working directory" if
the operating system has such a concept. Many JAXP implementations adopt
this approach, but I think it's a bit questionable.