[xquery-talk] question about XQUERY C++ API

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Thu Jan 12 15:43:23 PST 2006

I should think the performance will be fairly dreadful. Simply parsing each
of the documents, let alone running a query against them, is going to be
very time-consuming.

If you must store the documents as blobs, you should consider doing some
application-level indexing - that is, extract key features of the document
to store in separate columns of the table, and do pre-filtering in SQL using
these attributes to reduce the number of XML documents that you need to
examine.

Can't help you on the C++ side, I'm afraid.

  _____