[xquery-talk] XQuery on the Middle Tier - a REST Approach using XQJ

Martin Probst martin at x-hive.com
Fri Jan 20 11:08:20 PST 2006

Hi,

> I wrote a blog entry showing how to write a servlet which binds query
> parameters from a URL to XQuery external variables and executes an
> XQuery. You can find it here:
>
> http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/2006/01/xquery_on_the_m_1.html#more
>
> Thought this might interest some on the list.

Nice. I think that XQuery might really do well as a language for REST
style applications. The whole idea of representing everything as
documents that are passed around goes well with a functional language
where everything evaluates to a document.

On an unrelated note: the article mentions XQJ (at least in the servlet
name) - is there any progress on that group? The last public result is
from 09 Jul, 2004. X-Hive would surely be interested in finding some
common grounds.

Martin