[xquery-talk] SQL Server 2005

Peter Coppens Peter.Coppens at datadirect.com
Sun Jan 22 02:41:49 PST 2006

> What test methodology do you use to compare performance and
> scalability of the resulting XQuery against the SQL I would write
> natively in MS SQL Server 2005?

Besides making sure the SQL is 'ok', we measure it...and learned that
although the results are interesting from a product development
perspective (e.g. to measure progress and catch regressions), they
typically are of less value for customers. Performance and scalability
of an application in a given environment is driven by far more
parameters than one can ever hope to catch in an off site (from the
customers' perspective) test environment. I am convinced that the best
value for the customer is by testing and comparing in his own
environment.