[xquery-talk] SQL Server 2005

Michael Kay mhk at mhk.me.uk
Sun Jan 22 22:12:55 PST 2006

> 99% of the data is stored in relational databases at the customers I
> work with.

If they think that, then either they are deluding themselves, or they are
classifying the information that isn't in relational databases as non-data.

I bet, for example, that most companies don't have their legal contracts
with customers and suppliers in a relational database. They probably don't
even have information about prospective customers there, only customers who
have bought something in the past. As for things like health and safety
records, employee appraisals, records of quality audits...

Even the email directory is unlikely to be in a relational database.