[xquery-talk] Type promotion (or URI promotion) in EBVcalculation?

Jonathan Robie jonathan.robie at datadirect.com
Tue Jan 24 10:00:01 PST 2006

Michael Kay wrote:

>>The use case because of which I got into this was a customer with a
>>query as mentioned above, 'if (namespace-uri($x))' meaning if $x has a
>>namespace URI. I think this should be legal if 'if (string($x))' is
>>legal.
>>

>It's also needed for backwards compatibility with XSLT 1.0, since
>namespace-uri() returned a string in 1.0.

OK, I have to admit these are good reasons. I don't *like* the fact that
these are good reasons.....

Jonathan

P.S. Do you know the difference between a neurotic mathemetician and a
psychotic mathemetician? A psychotic mathemetician thinks 2+2=5. A
neurotic mathemetician *knows* 2+2=4, but he just can't STAND it.

--
Read my Blog: http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/
Learn XQuery: http://media.datadirect.com/download/docs/ddxquery/tutorial_query.html