[xquery-talk] Division in xQuery

Kusunam, Srinivas SKusunam at rlpt.com
Fri Jun 2 18:50:34 PDT 2006

I have this xQuery

let $totalCount :=  count($dffileid)

let $blankCount   := count($refid)

return $blankCount/$totalCount

As you have noticed I can't use the return statement like above because
I get this error "It is a type error if the result of a step (other than
the last step) in a path expression contains an atomic value". It does
make sense then how can I achieve this division?

Also if I try using one of the Function Operator

            numeric-divide($blankCount,$totalCount) I get 'Unknown
function name "numeric-divide"' in eclipse with <oXygen> plug-in.

Thanks,

Srinivas Kusunam

248-991-1044

This message has originated from RLPTechnologies,
26955 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034.

RLPTechnologies sends various types of email
communications.  If this email message concerns the
potential licensing of an RLPT product or service, and
you do not wish to receive further emails regarding Polk
products, forward this email to Do_Not_Send at rlpt.com
with the word "remove" in the subject line.

The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, please delete this
message and notify the Polk System Administrator at
postmaster at rlpt.com.