[xquery-talk] XQuery and Hibernate

Martin Probst martin at x-hive.com
Tue Jun 13 10:02:47 PDT 2006

> I was talking to a Java developer friend of mine about XQuery and
> he said "I'd be using XQuery today if there was something like
> Hibernate so I didn't have to change any of Java code to use your
> XQuery engine and XML DB."

Why would he want to do that? I mean, Hibernate et alii are tools
that are supposed to completely hide the fact that there is a non-
Java persistence layer from the programmer. So what difference is
there between using an XMLDB or a relational (hierarchical,
object, ...) DB if I can't see it?

That aside, I think it should be fairly easy to hack something like
that together using JAXB, all the heavy Object serialization lifting
has already been done.

Martin