[xquery-talk] if statements within where clauses?

Jonathan Robie jonathan.robie at datadirect.com
Wed Jun 14 15:18:43 PDT 2006

Hi Cindy,

XQuery allows expressions to be combined very freely, and you can
certainly use an if expression for conditional logic in a WHERE clause,
as follows:

    where contains($text, $keyword)
      and if ($var ='all')
             $entries//classcode = $region
          else
             true()

I did not understand what you are trying to do well enough to know
exactly what the query should look like.

Hope this helps!

Jonathan

--
Read my Blog: http://blogs.datadirect.com/jonathan_robie/