[xquery-talk] [ANN] XQuery Tutorial at XML 2006 in Boston, December 4

Priscilla Walmsley pwalmsley-lists at datypic.com
Thu Nov 2 18:55:23 PST 2006

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I will be giving a day-long tutorial at XML
2006 in Boston [1] this year.  The title is "XQuery 1.0, XPath 2.0, and XSLT
2.0 Explained".  I'll spend approximately a third of the day on XPath 2.0
(including the data model and functions and operators), a third on XQuery,
and a third on new features in XSLT 2.0.

The material will be based on my upcoming XQuery book from O'Reilly [2],
which is now available in its entirety as a PDF in "Rough Cuts" format.

The tutorial date is December 4, and I'd be delighted if you joined me.  In
my experience, the XML conference is a great learning experience for
beginners and old-timers alike, and a lot of fun too.

Thanks,
Priscilla

[1] http://2006.xmlconference.org/

[2] http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/xquery/