[xquery-talk] how to construct XML via strings

Maxim Grinev maxim at grinev.net
Mon Oct 2 21:37:45 PDT 2006

Thanks David and Michael.

It seems that there is no standard way to achieve it. David's solution to
parse XML string to build nodes is good but might be slow: it causes
intermediate conversion that is not really required.

It also seems that Michael Kay is right that it is one of the most
problematic features of XQuery. We are developing our own XQuery
implementation called Sedna and we cannot understand how we can extend
XQuery in a natural way to support the feature.

Maxim